Yes, if a wall socket is available, we recommend using an AC adapter to save cost.
Typically, it is less than 0.45 seconds
By using the test mode. A green LED on the front of the camera will blink when the camera detects motion.
- Make sure your FLX cam is still in Wi-Fi range of your router.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is turned on.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is connected to the internet.
- Your FLX Camera is setup to connect to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Your camera will upload new photos to the server based on the Connection Interval.
- You will get a notification from the server when new photos are available.
- Your camera can be accessed from anywhere through the free APP.
- Bring your mobile device with the APP open within Bluetooth Range (50 feet) of your FLX Camera. (Your mobile device Bluetooth must be turned on)
- Once your FLX Camera is in range, the camera will go from gray to color on the camera screen within the APP. It will also shows the BT Signal Strength.
- Once selected your FLX camera will automatically turn on its Wi-Fi Router.
- Your mobile device should automatically connect to the Wi-Fi Router. If it takes more than 30 seconds to connect, you may need to manually connect to the FLX Camera’s Wi-Fi Router in your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- After your camera is connected, select the camera in the app. Here you can Preview your photos stored on the camera and change any settings.
- While Previewing Photos, you can select photos or videos to transfer to your mobile device.
- When finished, press the “Disconnect” button to terminate the Wi-Fi connect and put the camera back in capture mode.
- Sign into the Stealth Cam Remote App.
- Select “ADD a new FLX Camera” on the menu screen.
- Follow the instructions in the App. You may need to start the Wireless Setup in Wireless Settings on the camera.
No, the glass will prevent your camera from detecting motion.
No, the images on the SD Card and the camera’s settings will remain intact.
The flash range is the distance that you will be able to see in the picture when a picture is taken using the flash. The motion detection range is the distance from the camera that the camera will sense motion and be activated. These ranges will be many be affected by environmental factors.
There are many different factors that affect battery life, including the brand of battery, the temperature, the amount of pictures taken, the amount of night photos, and the frequency the camera uploads to the app. If your camera is using batteries, we recommend you use Twice a Day or Once a Day upload frequency.
No, your camera is weather resistant, but not waterproof.
The 12V Battery Kit should be recharged at least every 3 months, regardless if it is being used or not, in order to preserve the working condition of the battery inside the unit.
Activity control is a setting on the camera that allows you to have the camera on only during certain hours of the day if you want that.
We have a customer loyalty program. You can send us your old camera and you’ll receive 50% off of a brand new one.
No, not until the SD card is cleared of its files.
Under the gasket by the SD Card slot
An infrared flash is going to produce a black and white picture and will be visible in the dark. It produces a dull red glow that is not bright enough to catch your attention in the dark but if you looked right at it, it would be visible. A No-Glow flash is going to produce a black and white picture and will NOT be visible in the dark. It produces no visible light unless you are very close to the camera and will be nearly invisible in the dark.
Either the lock on the side of the SD card is engaged in the lock position or the SD card needs to be formatted in a computer.
Usually this is a sign of an incompatible memory card or damaged memory card.
The infrared flash will give off a low glow red light it is not invisible.
We recommend using a computer to view the photos. If you don’t have access to a computer, we can only recommend using either our iOS or android card readers for your cell phone or our reader viewer.
You want to put the camera in the Manual or Custom setting mode. Follow the instructions in the owner’s manual.
Yes, we recommend viewing your photos/videos on a computer as other digital devices can change the format of the SD card.
Rechargeable batteries are not recommended. We do recommend a high quality alkaline or lithium battery.
No, we do not recommend a Micro SD card.
No, we do not recommend swapping SD cards between different cameras. Each camera is made with different formatting capabilities and can cause the camera not to recognize the SD card.